A Publications Committee -responsible for the oversight of the design/printing of IORMS website, Magazine and the IORMS Journal. The IORMS Journal has an Editorial Board and an Editorial Advisory Board responsible for its content.
IORMS shall publish a Journal with at least four issues of a Volume per year released in November. The Journal is managed by an Editorial Board and guided by an Editorial Advisory Board. The Editorial board calls for papers, conduct screening using its members and invited reviewers, accept papers and liaise with Publications committee for printing and distribution of Journal Issues.
The maiden Edition of IORMS Journals is set to be published in March 2017 are four issues are expected to have beem published before the end of 2017.
THE LAUNCHING OF IORMS JOURNAL of Operational Research and Management Sciences -IJORMS
IORMS Journal of Operational Research and Management Sciences is an open access international journal that provides quarterly publication of articles in all areas of Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Management Sciences, Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Natural and Applied Sciences Engineering, Education and Arts. The journal welcomes publications of high quality papers on theoretical developments and practical applications in the areas mentioned above. Original research papers, state-of-the-art reviews, and high quality technical notes are invited for publications.
ISSN : ****-**** ISSN (Print) : **** – **** Registration process is still in progress.
Submission Mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Journal URL : www.iormsjournals.org
1.1.Journals in IORMS Journal of Operational Research and Management Sciences are subdivided into the Different Subject Classifications (DSC) Areas Stated Below:
- IORMS Journal of Mathematics and Statistics IORMS-JMS
- IORMS Journal of Management and Social Sciences IORMS-JMSS
- IORMS Journal of Operational Research IORMS-JOPR
- IORMS Journal of Computer Sciences, Information and Communication Technology IORMS-JCICT
- IORMS Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences – IORMS-JNAS
- IORMS Journal of Medical Sciences IORMS-JMEDS
- IORMS Journal of Engineering IORMS-JENG
- IORMS Journal of Education IORMS-JED
- IORMS Journal of Arts IORMS-JARTS
- IORMS Journal of Agricultural Sciences IORMS-JAGRIC
- IORMS Journal of Environmental Sciences IORMS-JENVS
- Articles in all the above DSC are expected to be Scientific Researches that are Application-based and/or Industrial Research such as can improve existing Industrial Management practices.
1.2.About The Journal
1.2.1.Peer Review under the responsibility of Institute of Operational Research and Management Sciences (IORMS)
The journal is devoted to fields mentioned in the Different Subjects Classification (D S C) areas to bring together original research and Review Articles thereby providing a forum for active researchers in the mentioned fields and practicing professionals in more general areas. Topics covered include all that can be categorised under the fields stated in the DSC. Journal of the Institute of Operational Research and Management Sciences (IORMS) is a journal of Operational Research and Management Sciences publishing refereed, well-written original research reviewed articles that describe the latest research and developments in the areas listed in the DSC. This is a broad-based journal covering all branches of Operational Research and Management Sciences and interdisciplinary research which makes your life easier by helping you publish your papers and makes accessing them in the cloud easy on any device, wherever you are.
To be acceptable for publication in the journal, papers must make significant, original and correct contributions to one or more of the fields mentioned in Different Subjects Classification (D.S.C.). Apart from Pure Mathematics, accepted papers should be clearly motivated by actual or potential application to real phenomena. IORMS accepts papers through peer review by professional colleagues in the relevant fields. Unless clearly below the standard required by the journal, submitted articles will be sent to referees. Papers received by the Editorial Board will generally be first sent for review by at least two experts with the aim of reaching a decision as soon as possible. Where possible, the final decision is made on the basis that the referees are in accordance with one another. When there is a strong disagreement between referees, advice is sought from a member of the journal's Editorial Board.
Article are published at least three times each year and calls are made for papers from prospective authors six (6) weeks prior to the date of the final publication. For more on how to send publication, visit the “How To Publish” Page. Authors will be expected to fund the handling cost of their publication. For more on handling cost of publication, visit the “Handling Cost of Publication” Page.
For queries related to the journal, please contact email@example.com
1.3.Publishing with IORMS: step-by-step
- Select Journal of your choice by clicking the desired one from the list in the Different Subject Classification, and then follow the instructions that come up.
- Prepare your paper for submission using the IORMS Journal Article Standard Format
- Submit and Revise
- Track your submission
- Proofing and licensing
- Sharing and promotion
1.4. Journal Articles Standard Format
1.4.1. Paper Forwarding Formats
- Articles from contributors in all the DSC areas are accepted in MsS Word format except those sent for publication in the IORMS Journal of Mathematics and Statistics and the IORMS Journal of Computer Sciences and Information and Communication Technology
- Articles in the IORMS Journal of Mathematics and Statistics and the IORMS Journal of Computer Sciences and Information and Communication Technology are to be published in Latex Format. LaTeX uses the TeX typesetting program for formatting its output, and is itself written in the TeX macro language. LaTeX can be used as a standalone document preparation system or as an intermediate format. All articles sent in MS Word format for publication in these two DSC areas will be reproduced in Latex Format and will attract an extra handling cost by the contributor.
1.4.2. Manuscript Preparation Guidelines
Margin: Top=1, Bottom=1, left=1, Bottom=1
Paper Size: A4
Layout: Header 0.79, Footer=0.79
All font of paper: Size =10, Text = normal, Align = justify, Font Type = Times New Romans
Title: Size = 10, Text = bold, Align = centre
Author Name: Size = 14, Text = normal, Align =centre
Author Affiliation: Size = 10, Text = Italics normal, Align = centre
Abstracts and Keyword: Size = 10, Text = Italics, normal, Align = justify
Main Heading: Size 11, Text = Bold, Align = centre, Capitalisation = Upper case
Sub Heading: Size 11, Text = Bold, Align = Italics, Capitalisation = Sentence case
Line Space: 1 reference: Size = 8, Text = Italics normal, Align = Justify
Acknowledgement: Size = 8, Text = Italics normal, Align = Justify
Contributors are advised to download and use our Paper Template (from www.iorms.com/Paper Template.doc) which will be an effective guide in arranging the work to meet our expectations.
Describes the rights related to the publication and distribution of research. It governs how authors (as well as their employers or funders), publishers and the wider general public can use, publish and distribute articles or books.
1.5.1. Rights granted to IORMS
For both subscription and open access articles, published in proprietary titles, IORMS is granted the following rights:
- The exclusive right to publish and distribute an article, and to grant rights to others, including for commercial purposes.
- For open access articles, IORMS will apply the relevant third party user license where IORMS publishes the article on its online platforms.
- The right to provide the article in all forms and media so the article can be used on the latest technology even after publication.
- The authority to enforce the rights in the article, on behalf of an author, against third parties, for example in the case of plagiarism or copyright infringement.
1.5.2. Protecting author rights
Copyright aims to protect the specific way the article has been written to describe an experiment and the results. IORMS is committed to its authors to protect and defend their work and their reputation and takes allegations of infringement, plagiarism, ethic disputes and fraud very seriously.
If an author becomes aware of a possible plagiarism, fraud or infringement we recommend contacting their IORMS publishing contact who can then liaise with our in-house legal department. Note that certain open access user licenses may permit quite broad re-use that might otherwise be counted as copyright infringement. For details about how to seek permission to use an article see our “Permission Page”.
1.5.3. Open access: How copyright works with open access licenses
For IORMS proprietary journals the following steps apply:
- Authors sign a publishing agreement where they will have copyright but grant broad publishing and distribution rights to the publisher, including the right to publish the article on IORMS's online platforms.
- The author chooses an end user license under which readers can use and share the article.
- The publisher makes the article available online with the author's choice of end user license.
1.5.4. End user License
- Read, print and download
- Redistribute or republish the final article (e.g. display in a repository)
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works but must state reference to the original work
- Download for text and data mining purposes but must state reference to original work where required
- Must not Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
- Authors who are employees of certain government and inter-governmental organizations such as World Bank, World Health Organisation, Central Bank of Nigeria, Common Wealth etc. are expected to respect the conditions for permission to use data or information belonging to such organisations. For some cases, they may only be required to give appropriate credit to the source of data or information utilised.
Also note further permission may be required from the rights owner for any content within an article that is identified as belonging to a third party.